Sunday, October 19, 2014

Happy Early Birthday Demons in My Driveway!!

 monster Haven Series!
I love this series so much, and tomorrow, the 5th book of the series is releasing, so I figured I'd show you some goodies :) 

Demons in My Driveway (Monster Haven, #5)

Demons in My Driveway (Monster Haven #5)

Zoey Donovan Aegis and co-opted protector of all things supernatural is moving up in the Hidden world. Actually, she's being drop kicked onto the front lines of a fight between the newly formed Cult of Imagination and Hidden governments everywhere.

The Cult is opening portals and unleashing demons, vampires and werewolves, growing closer to breaking the lock that holds back the zombie apocalypse with every world they crack open. Oh, and they want every last Aegis in the world dead, and a roving band of Hidden worshippers is only too eager to assist.

On the upside, Zoey finally has her mother back. But having another Aegis around one with very different ideas on how to run things is proving difficult. For their own safety, they're stuck inside Zoey's home. What was once a haven is now a prison, further straining maternal relations and alienating her reaper boyfriend. Taking down a cult and saving the world again would be a lot easier if she could go farther than her own driveway.
My Review

I'm a little freaked out because as I write this, I know that the next book will be the last, and I'm gunna cry! I flipping love this series. I've become so attached to these characters!! I love them, and their story! But anywho, Zoey is always in trouble. And this time, it's a big deal. Zoey finally has her mom back, BUT all the other Aegis are being murdered and it's gunna cause the apocalypse, literally. They hold the human world separate from the supernatural world so if they die, we all die. Yep, this one is a little darker than the last few, but it's coming down to the nitty gritty and it's on. 

So, Zoey goes with Bernice across the pond to Europe to a convention for the supernatural world. And as it turns out, she really really should have stayed home. She finds out that someone is murdering every single last one of the Aegis and she's on the hit list, as well as her mom. And if she's in danger, than so are all of her friends and the people she protects. And to make matters worse, with all of the deaths in the US with the supernatural government, it's not just us, but all of the countries are loosing their government folk, and man is everyone getting all crazy. 

Zoey is changing. She's getting more aggressive in her stance of, "you will no longer walk all over me". She's still so willing to help those in need, but she won't take any more BS from anyone. And she's stuck over her break up with Riley, I mean hell, I'm heartbroken too. Her and her mom don't see eye to eye, and her BFF Sara and Maurice and Stacy seem to have a very troubled love triangle that Zoey can't help fix. Plus, there's this new government dude coming around and Zoey just doesn't like him. And to make matters worse, there's so much suspicion on who's really helping the bad guys take out all the good guys. 

So, I will not give away spoilers, but let me just say that I am loving the action with all of the other characters. Maurice has his own drama with an ex wife, his love for Sara, his oblivion to Stacy's love for him, and he's totally stressed over all the death threats of Zoey and her mom. Sara is trying to deal with the consequences left by the damn evil Incubus and what he did to her, while trying to make sure to be there for Zoey. Zoey's mom is well, just different, and I like a little kick ass in my women, and she really isn't. I know she doesn't mean to, but I don't like how she makes Zoey doubt so much of herself. Darius is awesome. Riley is awesome. Kam, OMG I cried for her, but she is also awesome. Andrew and his boyfriend have the coolest pet in Milo, and now they have Howard, who is hilarity at its best and is a great addition. We will also meet the queen of the Demons, who I happened to love, the king of Vampers, which makes me giggle with all his bling and chest hair, and the alpha pair of the were-folk. See, the characters surrounding Zoey are so fantastic. And I love them just as much as I love her, but I can't tell you things about them directly without ruining something from the book :) Just read this series ok! 

The plot is fantastic!! I can't grasp how this author comes up with these things, but I love that she does. And I so love how Zoey brings out the best in people. :) The writing is always magnificent, and I really am sad that things are ending soon. Really sad. But I am so glad I have read this series. So with that, I will say that this is one of my favorite series, ever, and I think you should read it, like for really! 5 MAGNIFICENT PAWS!! :) 







Books


Golem in My Glovebox by R.L. NaquinGolem in My Glovebox
A Monster Haven Story (Book 4)

In her role as Aegis, Zoey Donovan has rescued and cared for hundreds of monsters and mythical creatures. Now humans are the ones in need of her help. Someone with a personal vendetta against the Board of Hidden Affairs has kidnapped all the other Aegises in the country—including Zoey’s mother.
With the Hidden government in shambles and a string of deadly clues to follow, Zoey and her reaper boyfriend set out on a cross-country chase to stop the kidnapper from killing the captured Aegises. Along the way, they pick up a miniature golem who’s on a quest to find his humanity…and may be the key to solving the grisly clues.
If Zoey succeeds in defeating this new evil, she’ll finally be reunited with the mother she lost over twenty years ago. But if she fails, she’ll become the final victim. (80,000 words)
Audiobook coming soon. Check back for details or watch for the announcement on Facebook.
Add to Goodreads


Buy it now at one of these online e-book retailers:

Amazon KindlelogoNook logoBuy it now on KoboBooks-A-Million logoApple iBookstore logoGet it on Google PlayCarina Press logo


Fairies in my Fireplace by R.L. NaquinFairies in My Fireplace
A Monster Haven Story (Book 3)

A migration of mythical creatures has begun, and more and more of them are landing on Zoey Donovan’s doorstep. As the only Aegis left in the country, it falls to her to protect the Hidden and keep them safe—and her house has become a sanctuary for water sprites, goblins, harpies, djinn and more.
Keeping track of her boarders is a full-time job, and Zoey’s already got her hands full trying to run her wedding planning business. Good thing she has a resident closet monster to keep her organized, and a hot Reaper boyfriend to help her relax every once in a while.
But she can’t keep up monster-triage indefinitely, and as more Hidden arrive, it becomes clear that someone—or something—is hunting them. In the midst of planning an event for a notoriously difficult client, Zoey’s got to figure out who’s behind the hunt…and she’s got to stop them before there are no Hidden left. (86,000 words)
Add to Goodreads

Buy it now at one of these online e-book retailers:

Amazon Kindle logoAudible.com logoNook logoBuy it now on KoboBooks-A-Million logoApple iBooks logoGet it on Google PlayCarina Press logo


Pooka in My PantryA Monster Haven Story (Book 2)

Zoey Donovan—empath, wedding planner, go-to girl for monsters with personal problems—has been marked twice for pickup by Death. On both occasions, Riley the smoking-hot reaper has refused to follow through. For his breach of protocol, Riley is now on probation. For her refusal to die on schedule, Zoey’s right to live is challenged. She will have to undergo a life-or-death trial, but she won’t know when or where it will happen…
With a little luck, she might be able to save everyone and still have time for a second attempt at a decent first date with her favorite reaper.Staying alive might not be so difficult if the Leprechaun Mafia hadn’t strolled into town. Now every business owner with the slightest connection to the supernatural community is being threatened with the most appalling bad luck if they don’t pay up. Mirrors are smashed, bodies are dropping, and Zoey’s still got clients waiting for fabric samples. (89,000 words)
Add to Goodreads

Buy it now at one of these online e-book retailers:

Amazon Kindle logoAudible.com logoNook logoBuy it now on KoboBooks-A-Million logoApple iBooks logoGet it on Google PlayCarina Press logo


Monster in My Closet - coverMonster in My Closet
A Monster Haven Story (Book 1)

I stopped believing in monsters long ago. But I knew I wasn’t imagining things when I found one in my kitchen baking muffins. I’d seen him before: lurking in my closet, scaring the crap out of my five-year-old self. Turns out that was a misunderstanding, and now Maurice needs a place to stay. How could I say no?
After all, I’ve always been a magnet for the emotionally needy, and not just in my work as a wedding planner. Being able to sense the feelings of others can be a major pain. Don’t get me wrong, I like helping people—and non-people. But this ability has turned me into a gourmet feast for an incubus, a demon that feeds off emotional energy. Now, brides are dropping dead all over town, and my home has become a safe house for the supernatural. I must learn to focus my powers and defeat the demon before he snacks on another innocent woman and comes looking for the main course… (77,000 words)
Add to Goodreads

Buy it now at one of these online e-book retailers:

Amazon Kindle logoAudible.com logoNook logoBuy it now on KoboBooks-A-Million logoApple iBooks logoGet it on Google PlayCarina Press logo


Monster Haven Short Stories

Follow Zoey and her friends on brand new adventures. Set between the novels in the Monster Haven series, each story blends new monsters and old friends. Find the Monster Haven short stories everywhere fantastic e-books are available.
what-zoey-doesnt-know-v02
“What Zoey Doesn’t Know” – Monster Haven #3.5Coming in April!
hidden-holidays_v02
“Hidden Holidays” – Monster Haven #2.5
ill-conceived-magic_v02
“Ill-Conceived Magic” – Monster Haven #1.5


Coming Soon

Phoenix in My Fortune

Book 6, the finale of the Monster Haven Stories, coming in spring 2015

Author


R. L. Naquin is an urban fantasy novelist and short story writer. She writes the Monster Haven series for Carina Press. You can find her on the Web at: www.rlnaquin.com
Rachel’s head is packed with an outrageous amount of useless Disney trivia. She is terrified of thunder, but not of lightning, and often recites the Disneyland dedication speech during storms to keep herself calm. She finds it appalling that nobody from Disney has called yet with her castle move-in date.
Originally from Northern California, she has a tendency to move every few years, resulting in a total of seven different states and a six-year stint in England. Currently, she’s planning  her next grand adventure. Rachel has one heroic husband, two genius kids, a crazy-catlady starter kit, and an imaginary dog named Waffles.
She doesn’t have time for a real dog.

A huge thank you for NetGalley and Carina Press who have let me read this whole series!!! 
I hope you guys check this series out! I love it so much!! Happy reading and later gators!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment