Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Happy Book Birthday~ Tainted Kiss by Sharon Kay!

Tainted Kiss (Watcher's Kiss #1)

TAINTED KISS!


Release date: 7/21/2015

Tainted Kiss (Watcher's Kiss #1)


Tactical, lethal, resolute.
Haunted by a centuries-old tragedy, there’s no room in Arawn’s life for softness. Every action he takes is for the betterment of his race and the good of the realm. He leads his elite band of warriors the same way he lives his life: full on, without compromise, determined. Except for one sexy female who happens to be his subordinate.

Tenacious, passionate, tough-as-steel.
Ria relishes the duties Arawn assigns her as much as she respects the deadly combatants on her team. And she has a secret: her formidable boss is also her deepest fantasy. Years of working under his authority haven’t dulled the spark she feels, yet her passion is tempered by the hints of loss she gathers about him. His dark and sexy moodiness draws her, but he’s a hard man to approach as he keeps the world at emotional arm’s length.

Secrets laced in blood burn his battle-hardened soul.
When Ria is gravely injured in the line of duty, Arawn can no longer fight his own long-simmering feelings. But a secret, more heinous and ugly than anyone could imagine, prevents him from surrendering his heart. Despite his intentions, he and Ria forge a connection both fiery and unexpectedly tender. Yet every day brings them closer to shocking facts. Evil stirs in his blood, and hiding the truth from her will be the ultimate betrayal.
 Excerpt

Arawn blocked out every damn thing except the softness of Ria’s skin under his fingers as they walked to the rotunda, and when the elevator doors opened, he pulled her in. The doors closed, he hit the emergency stop button, and he slammed her back into the wall, pinning her hands above her head.
She glared at him, but he heard the hitch of her breath. He tracked the pulse point in her neck and the rise and fall of her breasts. “Can’t have you sassing me in front of my fighters.”
Her eyebrows shot up. “Sassing you? Are you kidding me? You weren’t making a good decision.”
He growled. “I make decisions to keep my fighters safe.”
“You need to keep yourself out of unnecessary harm!” Her voice rose. “Let your warriors do what you train us for. You’re needed here. We can’t lose you.”
“I will take responsibility for my people and my decisions. And my word is final.”
Her blue eyes flashed with anger. “Are you ordering me to obey you?” Her voice dripped with sarcasm. “Are you pulling rank? On me?”
He pressed into her soft curves. “I’m in charge. So, yeah.”
“You’re unbelievable.”
“Don’t care. I run things my way.”
Her tiny teeth peeked out to bite her lower lip. “You need to understand that everyone needs someone to watch out for them, no matter how high up the food chain they are.”
“And you need to remember, I have zero tolerance for hearing how I’m supposed to do my job. Been running this ship since before you got here, baby.”
She stared up at him, eyes wide with equal parts awareness and annoyance. “Unbelievable.”
Buzz!
The speaker in the elevator car crackled and Wolfe’s voice echoed loudly. “Everything okay in there? I can see the car is stopped.”
“Everything is fine. Kill the goddamn speaker and camera, Wolfe. That’s an order.” Arawn barked.
Silence reigned except for Ria’s rapid breathing. He shifted her hands into one of his and traced her jaw with one finger. “I don’t want you to get hurt.”
“I won’t. I’m fine.” A note of exasperation crept into her voice. “I’m one of your Watchers. You can’t worry overtime about me, just because we’re…we’re whatever this is.”
“I sure as hell can, Princess. And I will.” After her near-death scare, he would always worry about her. But he needed to find a middle ground, or he’d lose the gift of her openness and easy smiles. “But just because I worry doesn’t mean I won’t let you do your job.”
She smiled and leaned her cheek into his hand. “Thank you. I know you’re not used to…adjusting your point of view.”
He quirked an eyebrow. Damn, this woman surprised him at every turn with how well she knew him. “No, I’m not. “ He dropped his hand to her hip. “But being a leader involves learning on the job. And there are a few things I don’t know about you.”
“There you go again, admitting you don’t know everything.” Her voice was a whispered tease.
“Don’t tell anyone.” He leaned down and covered her mouth with his.
She sighed and arched her back, pushing her breasts against his chest. Her tongue slid against his and her scent filled the small space. She wiggled to get her hands free, and the action rubbed her hips across the erection straining at his jeans.
He groaned and pulled back, hating to put any space between them. “We’ll have to save this for later, baby.”
She nodded, a flash of guilt in her endless eyes. “When this is over. Nevo needs us now.”
A flare of anger spiked in his gut. This would never be over. Not for him. Not when darkness coalesced around every cell in his body.

 


Pre-order price is $1.99, which will go up to $3.99 on release day. Buy links are below and they should all still work before / after release, EXCEPT the Barnes & Noble link. That one will work for now, but will change after 7/21.
Amazon
Barnes&Noble
iTunes
Kobo
Smashwords
All Romance
 


 
From Ms Sharon!! Don't forget, we have a private Facebook group where you can stop by to talk all things Lash demon, Solsti, nymph, or anything!

And when you click the "Follow" button on my Amazon page, you will be notified of new releases.

 

 

My Review

Ok so I loved the Solsti series. We met so many great characters in there. And I'm so pumped, because this is a spin off, but more along the demon side of things than the human side of things. And plus, we get to see two sisters and their mates in this one as well as several other characters who've made a significant impact over the last several books. But no worries if you haven't read the other series. This one is done just right for you to pick up and fall in love for the first time or all over again! :) 

 

So, I remember Ria as being Mathias's little sister, who befriended Gin. She's definitely a bad ass in her own right. But you see, she's been in a coma since the big show down. No I can't explain if you haven't read the other series, just know something happened, and I had a heart attack and then calmed down when I learned Ria would get her own story :) YAY! Well it takes Ria some time get wake, but when she does, she's surprised as all get out. The man of her dreams, and also her commander during waking hours, is at her side. And he's been there for a while. And these two have some serious issues with communications. She won't tell him how she feels and he won't tell her either. But things are coming into focus as to why he's paying so much attention to her when she's sick, especially when her own brother is starting to notice Arwan spending so much time with her. HA! That conversation was awesome PS. Ria has always been stand up, fight for what you need, and get your team's back. She did not disappoint in this one, nor has she in the previous books. 

 

Arwan is hard core. He's all about business, always, getting his team on successful missions and bringing them back home safe. As well as keeping everyone safe from bad things. And People. Things are complicated for him. He had a mate. A long time ago. She died because of him. So he will never have another love. And everyone knows it. But he can't help it with Ria. He's losing his mind when she's not around because he can't keep away. But he doesn't understand, you can't have more than one mate. Well, he thinks so anyways. But there's still fall out from everything that went down with the Solsti sisters and he's got to get things under control. So, his first mission with Ria is a partial disaster. She almost gets captures, the whole team is dispersed in different areas, needing to find themselves home. And on top of that, two of the team are captured by different fractions of crazy- PS I can't wait for the next book for this one!! With everything going on, we have to make sure everyone comes home, safely, and we stop all the bad guys from getting their hands on weapons of mass destruction. 

 

The writing is beautifully done. It's smoking hawt, and on top of that, it's got a great plot with some excellent suspense and action. I am definitely a fan of this author, and I was a huge fan of the Solsti Prophecy series, but I think this author has become a must have for me. I must have everything she writes. I must buy them all in pretty paper back! It's just a must. I am so excited for this spin off and I am really impressed how there's still enough goodness from the first series, and there's more that makes this new series it's own. I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! I can't wait for Scorpion's book now :) 5 PAWS!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment